Project Jenova
Sign in to follow this  
Dissident

Anime Discussion

I am jizzing everywhere. On everything. I have rebuilt my chinese cartoons virginity for weeks to prepare myself for what will take place in two short days.

aa46a7a172b990d4b561fc539020609c.jpg

2013年4月16日(火)スタート

毎週(火)22:30

http://www.at-x.com/...ram/detail/4545

Second Season

Kyousuke Kousaka, a normal seventeen-year-old high school student, hasn't gotten along with his younger sister, Kirino, in years. For longer than he can remember, Kirino has ignored his comings and goings and looked at him with spurning eyes. It seemed as if the relationship between Kyousuke and his sister, now fourteen, would continue this way forever.

One day, however, Kyousuke finds a DVD case of a magical girl chinese cartoons entitled Hoshikuzu Witch Merle (Stardust Witch Merle), which had fallen into the entrance way of his house. To Kyousuke's surprise, inside the case is a hidden adult video game titled Imouto to Koishiyo! (Love with Little Sister!). Kyousuke attempts to fish out the culprit who dropped the case by bringing up the topic of magical girl chinese cartoons at the family dinner table. All that comes out is a strong negative reaction from his parents, especially his anti-otaku policeman father.

That night, Kirino bursts into Kyousuke's room and, in perhaps the first conversation she has initiated with him in years, says they "have things to talk about." Kirino brings Kyousuke to her room and shows him an extensive collection of moe chinese cartoons and lolicon bishoujo games she has been collecting in secret.

Got this shit set up on auto-record.

Wow, Eva 3.33 was weird. But I guess they have no other material to remake so they just had to come up with stuff. I really enjoyed a lot of the symbolism during the scenes of Shinji and Kaworu though. Dat milky way

180px-1345882226391.png

"What the fuck did just say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I ranked top of my class at silicon and organic dismemberment in the Kashgar Hive, I have over 300 confirmed tons. I am trained in swarm warfare and I'm the best Grappler in the entire mining force.

You are nothing to me but just another element. I will crush you with Mohs the likes of which have never been seen on this puny planet, mark my god damn words. You think you can get away with saying that shit over your psychic link? Think again, chompbait.

As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Superiors and your brain waves are being traced right now so you better prepare for the herd, godless organic. The herd that wipes that out this pathetic little ball you call a planet. You're fucking harvested, resource. I can stampede to anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's with just my forearms.

Not only am I perpetually pissed off, unstoppable, and merciless, I have access to every strain in the hives and I will use them to their full extent to transport your miserable atoms off the face of this world, you carbon deposite. If only you could have known what mind-breaking depression your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon the earth you would have used your SDS.

But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, inferior. I will shit brains all over you and you will drown in them. You're already recycled, kiddo"

After over 2 years of waiting I finally get to see Evangelion 3.33. Had this come out right after I'd seen and loved 2.22 I would probably have broken down crying and lost all will to live, but thankfully after some analysis of 2.22 and the vibes I got before seeing the latest movie I downgraded 2.22 from "best movie ever" and lowered my expectations so it was only kind of a disaster.

Evangelion nerd rant:

Here's the progression of the movie as I see it:

Asuka's intro from 2.22 (i.e. the attention-grabber) > Gurren Lagann > Gainax Demo Reel > End of Eva the ending from 2.22

It hardly felt like an Evangelion movie at all. Sure, I was left confused and unhappy which is what you're supposed to feel, but there wasn't any meaning behind all the flashy nonsense. It's like they totally forgot what the show was originally about. There's no challenging of expectations, no depth to the plot, and an almost total lack of any weird religious symbolism.

I couldn't get invested in any of the characters because I couldn't understand their motivations. A bunch of shit happens in a timeskip, but rather than go over any of it we're treated to multiple lengthy sequences of empty corridors and dull setpieces of huge dillapidated NERV shit and a lot of Kaworu-Shinji bonding that felt totally empty to me. The two of them holding hands and exchanging a few kind words goes a lot farther than any rainbow piano playing scenes or wordy goodbyes ever can. And yet their interaction is still the high point of the movie! What I'm saying here is everyone else is a fucking zombie with dialogue.

The second half definitely feels like it's trying to be End of Eva, and I bet that comparison is being made. People say End of Evangelion is ridiculous nonsense with no purpose, but it's not true. The movie, and the entire series before it, is meant to take your average chinese cartoons-obsessed nerd by the shoulders and shake him out of his stupor, get him to look at his life and make the necessary changes. I didn't get that until the third time I watched it, but when I did it hit me right to the core and I think it's one of the most impactful things I've ever seen, even if the delivery is extremely roundabout. Obviously it didn't have the intended effect for most people but I'm happy someone tried.

At least this time Mari didn't bug the fuck out of me. I expected her bullshit but more importantly she's just a minor distraction from the huge mess that is this movie. I would be very distraught by the post-credits preview for the next one, but since none of the material from the last preview was used I guess it's a way to demonstrate the possible events of the next film. It's pretty obvious this time since it's just a bullshit fight scene render.

Found a new chinese cartoons list website that looks pretty spiffy.

http://hummingbird.me/

Its in beta right now and you can skip the join queue by using ANICHARTNET in the code box.

Just marathoned chuunibyou. Shit's the bee's knees. Gonna buy the blurays now.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_mmje5edfpD1rw9b6io1_1280.jpg

once in a long while a really good show comes along and THIS IS IT. It's like Gurren Lagann all over again but better (so far)

AHHHHHHHHH WATCH IT

• Upvote 1

I watch about forty hours a week of tv, half of it the simpsons and the other half various japanese cartoons.

Lately I've been rewatching a few nostalgic shows from my childhood. I'm up to episode 100 of Yu Yu hakusho and I'm on episode 268 of One Piece.

nostalgic shows from my childhood. I'm up to episode 100 of Yu Yu hakusho and I'm on episode 268 of One Piece.

Pfft. Casual.

Allright, finished those two shows, time for Kaiji

I've already seen it a few years ago but it's one of the most suspenseful shows I've ever experienced.

Uh. 570. It's just... so good. I'm about 100 from being caught up on it. I've been watching it for like four or five years now. It's totally worth it.

its 630am and i just finished watching the second half of death note. that should give you an idea of how much i liked it. EXACTLY AS PLANNED.

series makes p good use of foreshadowing. you know light is gonna die. but you dont know hes gonna die like a delusional bitch. i like that most elements that got screen time had at least some kind of importance. also like misa obviously contemplating throwing herself off a building during the credits. didn't like how forced in the near/mello characters were, but they developed well at least.