Project Jenova
sai

Howdy PARTNER

Great. I finally let myself fall asleep at seven or something, and then woke up at eleven/twelve. I then fell asleep again. It's 1347 and my day's still trying to start.

At least I'm getting my hair cut today.

So I woke up with my face stuck to my pillow by blood. My first thought was that the bandage on my thumb had come off. It didn't.

Yet that's where the blood came from. This is going to be a loooong healing process I think.

Wait, when did this bleeding and stuff on your thumb happen and why?

Read the shoutbox, faggotbitch.

DAVE HOW COULD YOU :(

• Downvote 1

During the group meeting for a project today I had to chew out the useless trailer trash member for doing no work and being a total retard, felt good man. Then my afternoon classes got cancelled, meaning spring break has essentially begun as I only have one bullshit psychology class tomorrow.

Weather is shit today but 50 all week. Things are looking up.

During the group meeting for a project today I had to chew out the useless trailer trash member for doing no work and being a total retard, felt good man. Then my afternoon classes got cancelled, meaning spring break has essentially begun as I only have one bullshit psychology class tomorrow.

Weather is shit today but 50 all week. Things are looking up.

Feels good when one can vent at somebody while not only being right, but having their words heeded. This hasn't happened to me for a while, and it's kind of bugging me.

So apparently there's a tsunami warning out. I live about 18 feet above sea level, so I hope I won't drown or some shit.

2 meters is still pretty damn high high. Fuckin sirens everywhere

sup new pj, lookin good baby

currently doing an essay that has taken me all day and more. this thing is becoming an ordeal

cancelled mah d&d tonight for it and everything D:

Yesterday

>wake up early, friends talks in his sleep, kept me awake

>watch news on Japan + breakfast

>get home from bandmates around noon, assemble bike

>chill with bro from Ukraine and get high

>go on bike ride, ALPHA FIGHTER MISSION X

>get back and leave for show

>Went to see friends band, but Marcy Playground is headlining

>Friends band is the worst, only because their singer sucks and wants to sound like Green Day

>Everyone else plays great

>Underage girls asking me for cigarettes everywhere

>eventually get a migrane, bitch out and sit in the back for the rest of the time with friends band

>get home at 1:00AM

>just another day

Good time

oh man I totally forgot that I was supposed to make blog posts every week in one class

I've forgotten about two or three now, and I've failed two out of three quizzes in a class that does not have tests.

Shit darn dang fuck.

Woke up SUPER EARLY (for a day off) to get some shit done in the real world but the fucking Weather Channel continues to be completely wrong and it's still cold as hell outside. Fuck this, I'm going back to bed.

Me too. It's been 17 minutes and the weight of all the money I have to pay for new car parts, paint, traffic ticket, and insurance money has suddenly made me really sad.

Well, at least the paint won't be as expensive because the yen rate went down, but that makes me feel even more depressed because of the reason it went down.

Kennesaw still hasn't sent me the information for housing, and their housing website is down for the moment. Gonna have to call them tomorrow before work.

edit: fuck fuck fuck I listened to this new song and had all sorts of ideas for this awesome poem, then after finishing two stanzas my mind goes totally blank because the same Goddamn spot in my mouth is hurting again that always starts hurting for no reason. It has been aching nonstop for over an hour now.

This Fukushima reactor stuff, man. I feel like my life is being turned upside down. I mean I already didn't really want to do this work but now that I have a legitimate excuse, is it a good thing? Being a nuclear engineer would be a pretty stable career and I would probably be happy despite all my griping. Now it looks like I might be part of a dying breed at best. The options otherwise are dizzying, and this is for the rest of my life.

I'm also pretty spooked by the situation itself. In another world that could be me in there, fighting for my country, my industry, my life. This thought occurred to me as I was walked through the timeline of events of Three Mile Island (the timeline for Chernobyl is more like a comedy of errors, tragic as the end result was), but I never thought it would happen again, so soon, and actually be worse than TMI. Those guys risked it all, and while they're out of there now, they're pretty much guaranteed to get cancer and all kinds of other nasty shit.

As sour as my opinions have become though, I never lost faith in nuclear power. It was the way of the near future in my eyes. It's safe, reliable, clean, etc etc. Just like in the 50's, I saw it as the gateway to better things, whether that was fusion, or just widespread solar and wind. But I can't honestly say it's worth risking a nuclear disaster on this level, regardless of all the mitigating factors of this particular incident. The worst case scenario just happened, and that will be taken into account every time someone brings up nuclear power.

This Fukushima reactor stuff, man. I feel like my life is being turned upside down. I mean I already didn't really want to do this work but now that I have a legitimate excuse, is it a good thing? Being a nuclear engineer would be a pretty stable career and I would probably be happy despite all my griping. Now it looks like I might be part of a dying breed at best. The options otherwise are dizzying, and this is for the rest of my life.

I'm also pretty spooked by the situation itself. In another world that could be me in there, fighting for my country, my industry, my life. This thought occurred to me as I was walked through the timeline of events of Three Mile Island (the timeline for Chernobyl is more like a comedy of errors, tragic as the end result was), but I never thought it would happen again, so soon, and actually be worse than TMI. Those guys risked it all, and while they're out of there now, they're pretty much guaranteed to get cancer and all kinds of other nasty shit.

As sour as my opinions have become though, I never lost faith in nuclear power. It was the way of the near future in my eyes. It's safe, reliable, clean, etc etc. Just like in the 50's, I saw it as the gateway to better things, whether that was fusion, or just widespread solar and wind. But I can't honestly say it's worth risking a nuclear disaster on this level, regardless of all the mitigating factors of this particular incident. The worst case scenario just happened, and that will be taken into account every time someone brings up nuclear power.

People will find an excuse to bitch and moan about anything--coal power isn't sustainable; wind power isn't efficient enough; solar power is too expensive/inefficient; tidal power is too expensive and potentially damaging to build for etc. You're on what should be a solid career path, and you should be damn proud that you're getting into a very prominent and rewarding industry. Just because a damaging event has happened in a disaster-prone zone, it does not mean that you're going to be finished yourself.

If anything, it'd be an even worse idea to pull out now and try to find another career. From what I've observed over the years, you've gone through a lot of trouble to get where you are now, so it would, if nothing else, be a massive waste to ditch it all as a kneejerk reflex to current events. Fukushima's design is apparently dated anyway and, wherever you end up working in, you shouldn't have to face a disaster like that. Nuclear power is something which everybody should have more faith in, because it's probably the best current choice for the mass provision of energy.