Food.

Delicious Ass Non-Bean Veggie Burgers with Sliced Tomatoes and Pesto

What you need:

Olive oil or clarified butter

1 Red onion, rough chop

3 Garlic cloves, chopped

1 Jalapeno, seeded and diced

Pinch of Cayenne Pepper and Red Pepper Flakes

1 Zucchini, grated (should be about a cup)

2 Cups corn kernels, fresh if possible

3/4 Cornmeal

Flour as needed for binding

What you do:

Put the onion, garlic, jalapeno, red pepper flake and cayenne in a food processor and grind until almost smooth, it should still be slightly chunky. In a saute pan, preferably with a lid (you'll need either a lid or equal sized pot for covering) put a couple tablespoons of oil/butter and bring to medium heat. Toss the mixture in with salt and pepper and let cook, stirring. Add the zucchini and 1/2 cup of the corn, with a little more salt and pepper. In the food processor grind the remaining corn until it's a thick paste consistency. Once the veggies have started releasing their moisture in the pan and the water begins to evaporate, stir in the corn paste and cornmeal until well mixed. Remove from heat, add the lid, and let sit for about ten minutes. If it's still very wet, add some flour and mix in. Adjust the salt and pepper level as desired. Form it into patties on a tray and refrigerate for a few minutes, covered, until they're hardened up enough to lift with a spatula. Add some oil into the pan and cook the patties in it, cooking about five minutes on each side until firm and browned.

I used ciabatta bread. Serve it with pesto (preferably homemade, if you can) and sliced tomatoes.

I served it with an arugula salad with chickpeas, red onion, hard boiled egg slices (quartered), and a honey and rice wine vinaigrette.

And then I finished it by eating fresh blueberry pie. Because fuck you we have pie.

I might actually try my hand at this since jess is vegetarian and only rarely buys veggieburgers or other fake meats that don't taste like sponges

(null)

K0JJJ.jpg

Artichoke cakes on a smoked tomato and caramelized onion coulis, topped with a kalamata tapenade and micro-greens (in this case, pea sprouts). Type up the recipe tomorrow.

QpLVh.jpg

Savory goat cheese cheesecake, topped with a grilled peach tapenade, a basil sprig (would have used mint but for some stupid reason we haven't gotten any in in like a week), and a garnish ring of market fresh honey.

I came home to my roommate cooking delicious smelling southern cooking.

I am out of grocery, so I drank 3 scoops of protein powder and some fiber powder for dinner :(

YSGGl.jpg

Grilled summer squash rounds topped with a bruschetta consisting of roma tomato, rosemary roasted eggplant, feta cheese, capers, mint, Sanish olive oil, and red wine vinegar. Positioned around arugula with a simple lemon vinaigrette.

sl2bm.jpg

I did not take this photo, and as such the lighting, camera angle and plate direction aren't up to snuff with what I would have picked. It is a grilled Mahi Mahi dish. The Mahi was rubbed in a mixture of sriracha, cumin, paprika, and olive oil before being put on the grill. Served over a bed of orzo cooked with jalapeno, red pepper, garlic, shallots, deglazed with white wine and reduced with cream. Topped with a salsa consisting of avocado, fresh cut mandarins, red onion, lime juice. Sprinkle some cilantro on top, and finish with a garnish of micro greens (which we later started using more of, and we centered the fish instead. This was the test run first iteration). We sold so god damn many of these that we actually ran out of Mahi completely, and we always have tooooons of Mahi.

• Upvote 1

0/10 see me after class

But really, I think it would look a lot better with the flower in the center and have some fancy ass tree branches coming from the side.

Made dank rum banana nut muffins at work tonight. Awww yeah.

Also vegetarian fajitas. Squash, fennel, and asparagus topped with a peach, corn, and radish salsa.

New favorite Scooby snack at work. Naan bread pizza with a white garlic sauce, topped with mushroom, fried capers, roasted red pepper, and pancetta. Finish with basil and Parmesan. Bake that fucker mang.

Did you buy the white wine, forget why you bought it, drink the bottle, then remember you were going to cook with it?

Because I've definitely never done that before.

I have a hard time using clams. But I live in Kansas. So. Not exactly fresh stock. :/

We had a bunch of bananas that were getting ripe so I made a banana pound cake. Topped it with a five-spiced strawberry chutney, surrounded by candied walnuts, vanilla anglaise, and a homemade chocolate sauce.

no2LC.jpg

Also, fucking with labels of the spinach artichoke dip is pretty standard at work:

4fGBN.jpg

So today I spiced some local honey with clove, peppercorns, and cinnamon and whipped that into some marscapone. Cut puff dough into small, ravioli sized pieces and filled a bunch. Baked them off and topped it with a diced strawberry bruschetta (strawberry, mint, balsamic vinager) and just a drizzle of hot balsamic reduction.

Damn. Would eat again.

• Upvote 1