Project Jenova
Sign in to follow this  
Dissident

Diss's Dream Catcher

Had a dream where I was spending a few nights at the house of Beavis and Butthead, but they were much more realistic in both character and appearance, although they were still sniggering idiots most of the time. They and their parents (whose house it was) listened to nothing but black metal, but they were also devout Christians so you couldn't mention anything about Christraping or church burning. A bunch of their friends showed up, most of whom were demonspawn, and tried to sell us magazine subscriptions. Then Ray and Killz came for dinner and Killz talked about cosplay the whole night.

Had a dream I went camping on a planet of nothing but blizzard-covered mountains with Chris and her family. We had to make shelters which somehow turned into us creating (not finding, creating) a ruined village and staying in the one intact building overnight, waking up to what looked like furry, giant versions of Blarp from the Lost in Space movie (just google it if you can't remember) attacking everything.

And then we rode them down the mountain.

After that all I remember is the word "STUFF" being shouted on repeat and then waking up.

I ended up at that one strip club in mass effect 2. There was a table with four naked guys on one side, and two naked girls on the other side. I met up with a chick I new from high school, and she was naked too, then one of the girls at the table asked me to join them, I was sandwiched between two chicks and I don't remember what happened after that, but I think it was good.

Recently I have been meaning to return to my favorite music blog, which I stopped going to last year due to how busy I was and what a hassle it is to listen to each dance track 20 times to determine if I hate them or love them. In my dream last night I finally did so. However instead of a simple wordpress setup, they had expanded onto a small island covered in futuristic skyscrapers. The buildings were very angular and contorted in all kinds of strange ways, as if they were caught in the middle of some enthusiastic dancing, and everything was covered in blinking lights and neon signs, giving it a very cyberpunk look. Littered between the buildings were stages and clubs for musicians to give performances. The whole thing was actually a school for burgeoning electronic music producers, broken up into four bodies, like the houses of Hogwarts, only they were more like armies, battling and vying for something, although I never got a clear idea what that might be.

The armies were denoted by the colors red, blue, yellow and green; I was placed in the green army. Our base of operations was a nightclub at the base of a particularly large skyscraper near the center of the island. I was taken backstage to the beginner's classroom, which was a dingy room with rows of crappy old computers, through which we learned the basics of production.

Another aspect of our education was to experience the tracks of more advanced students. It turned out that the large buildings were large storehouses for these tracks. The tracks themselves took the form of obstacle courses and puzzles which we had to navigate to learn the intricacies of making house music. I discovered to my dismay that I wasn't allowed to listen to anything by actual musicians. I only had access to listen to the music of students above me, and I would have to work my way to better and better students until finally I would be able to hear the music I used to be able to download for free from the comfort of my own home. I failed nearly every test given and was disgusted with the whole experience.

I can't really tell if this was a nightmare or not. I certainly felt that relief upon waking up that I usually feel realizing that it was just a dream, and some aspects (like the dingy computer room) were very reminiscent of some "back in highschool/college" nightmares I've had in the past, but the complexity of the visual and narrative aspects were pretty spectacular to me. The island scenery was clearly ripped from my recent west coast adventures but the distinct cyberpunk feel of the city was unique from anything I can think of. I was also amused by how such a simple concept (going back to reading a blog) became such a huge story in such a detailed world. Usually my internet dreams are pretty tame.

Oct 05 13:22:47 So basically I'm at a party there's this short blonde chick I've been flirting with

Oct 05 13:22:51 It looks like something is gonna happen

Oct 05 13:22:55 She strips down

Oct 05 13:23:13 And then casts a spell that merges us together as a 7' tall magical hermaphrodite

Oct 05 13:23:13 wat

I was riddled with bone cancer, so the doctors tried an experimental procedure on me. They took my consciousness and transferred it to a cloned zygote of me, and I was reborn. Only they fucked up and I was born as a girl. I was pretty much automatically 6 since it was a dream, and it was kind of cool being in the new skin for a bit. I met a couple of cute teenage girls, but then remembered I wasn't a dude anymore. Then I went to the bathroom and a had a penis again. And then I was 22 again. And then the dream turned into a nightmare about me being two weeks behind in all of my college classes because of everything that just happened. Sigh.

• Upvote 1

No you can't. HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU? IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY YOU THROW AT THE SURGEONS IT WON'T HAPPEN!

I was driving from Hawaii back to Kerrville, the town I lived in as a kid with my mother. It was situated on a peninsula now, the same one with the really cool house/hotel I described earlier. I remember looking at the map and thinking I'd like to see it again. I think the map was made of chocolate cake.

I was on my way to meet my asian friend in Irvine CA, who was actually a white guy living in Dallas and was a lot like my first college roommate, kind of a bro but serious about school. Dallas itself was made entirely of chocolate, and the sun took the form of two baby faces side by side, one furious and glowing red, the other happy and glowing blue. This made driving incredibly difficult (everything being brown and badly lit), causing me to wreck my car and break my phone, the two things I can't live without.

• Upvote 1

At some point I started going on a rampage, just looting and murdering and fucking with people. Stomping people with my boots. But then I saw a chicken and waffles place (god fucking damnit, Diss. That picture is my wallpaper now by the way) and was instantly remorseful that I couldn't just go in there and have a bite to eat without being arrested or shot down. So I downloaded an app for my phone that lets you travel back in time for do overs. I went back a few days to an earlier part of the dream where I was in the car with my dad, uncle and grandma, but things went slightly different the second time and I realized that the machine doesn't take you back to your original timeline without doing extensive tweaking (under the advanced tab in the menu options, fucking a). Nothing interesting came from the development but I was pretty happy about how my head rationalized that sequence of events.

• Upvote 2

I think I just experienced some Inception-esque crap. I had a lucid dream inside a regular dream. I dreamed that I accidentally went home (which is almost 6 hours away) before finals week. I was kind of freaking out, but then I realized that there was no way I could screw up this bad, so this must be a dream. So then I thought to myself, "If this is a dream, can I have a giant stack of pancakes?" And then I had a giant stack of pancakes. I devoured them face-first and then did some general fucking around. Can't remember it clearly, but I'm pretty sure one thing involved a giant robot (naturally). Then I woke up on a bus, and it wasn't a lucid dream anymore because I thought I had woken up even though I hadn't. Not much of note happened next, I think it involved me telling everyone on the bus about the dream I just had and they were of course extremely interested.

Then I woke up for real. Mind blowing.

I put on my headphones while sitting on my couch. Then my alarm woke me up. I tried to reach for my headphones on my head, but I already took them off. I sat in confusion.

Seriously, how the fuck did I dream in a 10 minute timespan. I set an alarm to wake me up in 10 minutes while sitting on my couch, then I had that weird dream.

I think sometimes it's an immediate progression into dreaming. Occasionally when I'm falling asleep I'll be thinking and my thoughts will suddenly become strange and that's how I know I'm falling asleep (although this always wakes me back up). When I'm really tired I can pass out for a few minutes and dream that I'm still awake, like in the morning after being woken up and dreaming that I'm doing normal morning stuff as if I was on time.

Last night was pretty interesting. I walked onto a beach near the OC and flopped down to nap and tan. A storm came in and everyone fled, but a security guard caught me and wanted me to pay the $40 fee for a non-hotel guest to use the beach. He wanted to hand me to the police when I couldn't pay, but when I started struggling he started beating the shit out of me. Finally he did that punch to the nose that sends pieces of cartilege into the brain and killed me. I think it was that guy from those car insurance commercials who represents misfortune.

I had this dream whose contents were unremarkable but the way I woke up was kinda different.

It was a totally real dream, nothing totally out of the ordinary, just me walking around the house, gathering my shit to go to school, and little weird things kept happening. Like I'd walk downstairs with my MP3 player in my pocket, then get to the door and suddenly the MP3 player was in my hand and I had two keys in my pocket. And the songs on the MP3 player had changed.

At one point I started panicking and going "fuck there HAS to be a logical explanation for this" and getting more and more disturbed as the weird shit that kept happening got harder and harder to explain.

Then I woke up really suddenly and was like "...oh, well that would explain it."

It literally felt like someone had just tapped me on the shoulder and just said "uh hey, you're dreaming".

last night I dreamt that I was the grinch and I could fly and become intangible and I bought a chocolate cake from a bakery owned by a gay guy

wat

chocolate cake from a bakery owned by a gay guy

Your dreams are trying to tell you something.

This wasn't the start of the dream, it's just all I can clearly remember with any coherency. In fact, to call it a dream wouldn't be technically right as it was a series of burst-fire dreams as I was nodding off and coming to repeatedly. I was on a wooden dock with a concrete wall lining it, and stairs going up one side to nowhere (as far as I can recall in the dream). A bench appeared, and it contained fishing gear. I went to cast the line, but threw the rod by accident when it turned into a smaller vaporizer (grabbed from my memory of something a friend bought, but strangely I haven't even touched yet I can remember in vivid detail). I began to fret as Chris and Emily (the redhead girl I used to work with/do things with) were suddenly present. There was a flash and I was laying dead in a pool of my own blood, now dead. I find it peculiar how even if I am dead in a dream, I still never actually witness the moment of death. Chris started crying, Emily vanished, and my body disappeared like an old video game, just fading away slowly. Suddenly my view shifted and I was looking at the scene from above. I realized I was floating, and I tried to move myself down, finding I could move freely through the air. I landed and put a hand on Chris's back, which startled her and she whipped around, looking for a source and not finding one. I realized she couldn't see me and I then tried to control that, too. I was able to, and I became visible again. Some less than kid friendly things went down.

I then began to search for the vape, still being referred to as a fishing rod in the dream, by diving into the water with a light. Under the water was murky, and filled with what appeared to be shelves. I didn't have any luck. I came back up to find Chris was gone, but a plethora of other acquaintances had arrived, none realized none of them could see me. I began to screw with them, realizing I had pretty much complete control of the environment. I began bending the dock into contorted shapes, raising water out and suspending it in air, and folding the wall in on itself. Nobody seemed to even take notice, and instead the physics of the world just seemed to bend and twist with everything. I finally let them see me and everything fell back to normal. After some chit-chat I don't recall the subject of, I jumped back in, only to be greeted with a shark.The shark chased me, and I got out at the dock just before it would have grabbed me, turned around, punched it in the face, and it was gone.

I made my way to the other side of the water and found the new chef there, except he had a very exaggerated in size fist, and his forehead was twisted. He started yelling at me, and I dove back under the water and found another exit point, where it seemed to be a living room consisting of Tyrone, Bill, Megan (the Velma from that Halloween pic) and Sarah (the Daphne). I got out and watched them for a moment before letting them see me, which none found odd that I just appeared. Details are missing here. A speaker system appears, no sound. A shelf appears, a drawer starts spewing out weed from behind Tyrone. I grab Megan's arm and whisk her into the sky, spinning in circles. She makes out with me, I start flying close to the water, really fast. Things start getting a little naughtier and I drop her after a moment, and wham, the shark eats her. All of the physics suddenly start bending like I was doing earlier, except far crazier. It gets hard to tell which direction will send me which way now. My body is stretched in ways it very much shouldn't, and then suddenly, I find myself inside of a dark convenience store all by myself.

I peruse the aisles, nothing seems to have labels. It's all just blank boxes and cans, appearing on the shelves at the same rate I walk, disappearing as I pass. The store catches on fire, and I rush out to find everyone who's been in the dream so far there. I use my deadpowers to push them all away, encasing them in a bubble as the store blows fire all over them. Emily suddenly turns into the shark from earlier inside the bubble, and I toss her/it out. Tyrone turns into a bowl of raisin bran (...probably one of the more odd things I've had in a dream). Bill and chef seemed to just vanish, leaving Chris, Megan, and Sarah.

And I woke up just before what I'm assuming would've been the best part. D:<

I don't know what it is, but lately I'm becoming more and more aware, in-dream, of dream world oddities, things that just appear, and things that don't make sense.

• Upvote 1

I was near the cool house/hotel again, this time on an island. I was driving up from the west back to home and making a stop to check it out again, but it was getting dark so I decided to get a hotel in a dumpy town on the south end of the island. It turned out to be a trucker hotel where I was harassed all night for being a sissy or something. The next day I explored the town, which was populated mostly by Eastern European immigrants. There was a subplot where I was a US senator, and in order to pass a budget deal to save the country, I had to cast a yes vote even though the bill included a part about giving furries civil rights. I thought it over long and hard but I decided my personal prejudices weren't worth tanking the country. Just barely.

Back at the town, where damned furries now were basking on the shore of a small lake in the park I was in, I decided to use my influence to force the locals into giving me free soda. Instead they decided to take me on a tour that would lead to the house/hotel. We walked along the freeway until it plunged underwater and became a control center for monitoring the old battle lines of the Revolutionary War, which had turned into a 228 year cold war and we had to make sure the Brits wouldn't come rushing back across the line to take what was ours. The island was cleanly divided in half and the house/hotel was sadly on the British side.

A later dream concerned a birthday party for one of my cousins. It was set vaguely in the same setting as the last dream because I had woken up and committed it to memory. After some stuff about missing military kittens and a murder mystery plot involving a young Joker, my stepmother's lesbian lover arrived. I had poured water between the sheets of the bed I was in, in anticipation of her arrival, and when she came there was lust in the air, despite her obesity and aged looks. Before my father could protest I burned a hole into my wrist playing tennis (as some kind of foreplay), and when I moved my wrist around it split wide open revealing that my arm was full of some pasty red substance. The next few hours were spent waiting to get into the ER and exploring the ruins of old submarines buried on the island, all while trying to keep my wrist intact.

• Upvote 1

Part 1:

I go back in time to circa 1975 and appear at this gas station/bar in the south. After marveling at how quaint and retro everything is generally weirding out the locals, I drink a lot of Yuengling and ring up a huge bar tab. I hand the woman behind the bar my debit card, not realizing that it's not going to work in the 70s, and when she comes back very puzzled about what's going on, I laugh and leave her my wallet, saying I'm going to get some cash from my car. Then in the parking lot I travel back to 2011, leaving my modern driver's license with a birthday of 89 back with them.

Part 2:

Now these two events were completely unrelated in my dreams, but I like to imagine somehow my time travel in part 1 caused this to happen. In this scenario it's present day, but in this universe the Soviets won the cold war, which isn't really important in the dream but it definitely has a part in the setting. I go to visit an old friend of mine in Alabama, whose father is the appointed leader of the local agricultural sector. He's a typical southern gentleman, got that Robert E Lee facial hair and southern charm and is beloved by everybody although he's kind of an ass. My friend gives me a tour of her property, and the dream starts out really romantically. I forgot what happened next, but at some point I find out that her father is a murderer and a cannibal when I come across this shed that has butchered human bodies hanging from hooks and a large dehydrator making human jerky. Jerky that he served us earlier. He catches me and grabs a meat cleaver, which leads to a really harrowing fight because I'm actually in mortal fear of being butchered alive. I somehow manage to disarm him and get his arms behind his back and start dragging him back to the main compound yelling "COMRADE [forgothisname] IS A MURDERER! HE'S A CANNIBAL!" Some farmhands run up to me and one punches me in the face, forcing me to release him. Nobody believes me. I yell at them to go look in the shed, and the dad bolts off across the field. Still nobody believes me but I chase after him with more people from the farm chasing after me, and through the trees at the end of the field is the ocean. He's already swimming out to sea, looking like he's about to get away, when suddenly out of nowhere an army of black people comes from the forest and swim out to him (?????), kicking his ass and giving him a bloody nose before dragging him back to shore. My friend embraces me and I sign movie rights to the ordeal.

Fun night. There was a lot more going on in the second scenario but I can't remember enough of the details, so there's the gist of it.

I was some kind of stick figure who was obsessed with kicking people out of my house and being alone

something like that, I woke up like 8 hours ago so I can't remember

My father was Danny Devito, and we were travelling from couch to couch across the country when he came upon one of his crazy get-rich-quick schemes: a bar for Minecraft players. Everything was going great and we were raking in the money, but at the same time the insane popularity of Minecraft was causing a national backlash with segregation and lynchings. A nearby shop owner had had enough of the Minecraft type around his neighborhood so he gave us an ultimatum: clear out or he was going to shoot up the place. I desperately tried to work up a plan, and when the hour came I hustled my father and most of the remaining patrons out through a vent in the roof leaving only a few die-hards behind to get shot to pieces in the name of their righteous cause.

After this I was playing Minecraft, in the Nether, but it was a black void more like the End with falling trick blocks and I was desperately trying to not die and lose my load of diamonds.

This transitioned suddenly into Florida, where my friend was opening a grocery store patronized entirely by people using social media to get in, and everyone I knew on Facebook and elsewhere was showing up, so people from forums and old high school friends. A bit later in a back room I was smoking a bowl with Ray and a fat female cartoon character.

• Upvote 1

I was watching a bunch of fanmade Touhou vids before I went to bed and I end up having quite an interesting dream. After I went to sleep I had a dream where it was basically the movie, "Silence of the Lambs", except Alice was Buffalo Bill and Marisa was in the hole naked and I heard Alice say, "It puts the lotion on the skin or else it gets to hose again~.", except she had a naughty, mischievous look on her face. But before all this happened, Alice carried out some elaborate plan, which I now forget all the details to, to capture Marisa and strip her of her broom, clothes, and the Master Spark. And then she did that creepy dance thing from the movie wearing Marisa's clothes and her hair styled like Marisa's in front of a video camera. It was... interesting to say the least.

Any thoughts?