Project Jenova
Sign in to follow this  
Dissident

Diss's Dream Catcher

I had a pretty cool dream involving Palestinians and Israelis and me trying stop both while achieving my own ends.

My favorite part was when I went into a music store and found what was essentially a giant nine button sampler with a fretboard. You played it by strumming a sampler button while using the fretboard to change pitch. Pretty sure this came from hearing about Garage Band on the iPad.

I dreamed that I was going to go to a space station for some kind of school related project

there was also a swamp, and a flood

and a burger king on the space station

• Upvote 1

Marvel based fighting game characters running around in a minecraft world.

My brother was leaving a big old horde of pretty much everything valuable right in plain sight, but some sort of non-creeper enemy exploded most of the place when I got nearby. I walked away from the computer I was suddenly at to get a drink, and when I came back, someone had fucked with all my options and logged me out. Then I woke up.

You know that part in Iron Man where he drops down in some Iraqi-esque place and starts tearing shit up? Yeah, mine was like that, buuuuuuuuuuut...

I was in the Mk II tearing up little kids. As in ripping their bodies apart with my bare hands, swinging them around by their entrails, blowing up their heads, etc., all while laughing hysterically.

Grandpa (wasn't my real grandpa, I think he was based on the old man from the Children Of Men movie) was working as a spy or a guerilla rebel something. He was sitting behind a knoll watching some people move around outside a secret base or something. This nazi/soviet dominatrix officer archetype woman walks over with a gun. Gramps is muttering into his walkie-talkie "no it's ok she can't see me". Then at some point he got spooked and decided to run for it while her back was turned. She heard him, turned and gave chase, shot him in the back, through or near the heart. Then she taunted him in typical nazi bitch fashion (something like "Stay there. Stay." and talking about how she was just going to leave him to bleed to death rather than finish him off). He stood by the side of the road and tried to get cars to stop in order to get him to a hospital.

At this point the dream took a brief detour where I speculated about posting on facebook when you got shot to get someone to send an ambulance.

Anyway then three cars came by at the same time and stopped. One of them was a biker/heavy metal looking guy with a huge beard in a jeep, the grandpa chose that one. Only it turns out the biker guy was actually a gay rapist and drove to some beauty salon called THE ANALISTS that had a bunch of Nivea posters up. The girl who worked there was trained not to listen to customers' cries for help or whatever. Anyway she did various things to the guy's butthole (including... brushing it with a chinese paintbrush? for some reason) while the biker guy watched breathlessly (I admit that at some point here the grandpa became me). Also she had a really adorable/silly name for a person's butthole like YOUR FLOWER or something but I can't remember what is was.

Grandpa eventually reaches some sort of bizarre hospital thing where another weird slightly fetishized woman cleaned his wounds, then put red paint all over them to indicate where to apply the bandages. Wrapped his whole body in bandages, he ended up in a wheelchair. The place was stark white, including the woman's clothes IIRC, and I remember my mom (who was apparantly there?) saying something like "wow she wanted to be a painter but she decided to go into this instead" and I remember thinking "wtf no mom, she's only painting him so she knows where to put the bandages".

Then there was some brief thing about how the grandpa was a CEO and the wound was unfortunate because there was an important meeting coming up.

Then the dream was about me grieving for him (not that he was dead, but I was worried because he was in a semi-vegetative state or something). I was at my current school but the people there were a mix of people from my old high school and this one guy I knew in middle school. That guy hugged me and held my hand and stuff (even though no fucking way he would have done that in real life). Then I sat on a bench with my ex and one of her friends (a friend who was never in any school I went to) and we talked about it.

Then it was night and I was walking home from school. Found a dollar store called EVERYTHING FOR A DOLLAR or something like that. They sold really cliché vintage stuff like Rubik's cubes. Decided to go in, but I had taken my shirt off at some point so I had to put it back on first. While doing that I noticed I had a third shoe. Was all WTF to this guy who happened to be standing there and he laughed but also made a big deal out of it and started (jokingly?) asking random people if it was their shoe.

I went inside the store. All of a sudden the store only sold terra cotta soldiers and other asiany statues. There were a couple of asians in the store and an old japanese guy arranging terra cotta soldiers such that you couldn't get into the store, telling me "sorry, we're closed". I said oh okay and got ready to leave. Then I heard my mom calling from outside. There was a crowd gathering there to check out that guy that was still showing the shoe around to everyone. Woke up, turns out my mom had actually called me IRL.

Also, the dream kept doing things that were like tropes from movies. Or rather, things that I've never heard of at all but which in the dream were tropes from movies. Like the nazi bitch at the beginning (which DOES exist in real life). When gramps met the biker guy I remember thinking "man does he never watch movies, everyone knows the gay-biker-metal-bearded-guy-who-rapes-hitchhikers cliché". And when grandpa was bandaged and in a wheel chair I remember thinking it was like something out of some cartoon (I think I must have been thinking of the Star Trek episode of Futurama where they're in that chair and have to communicate through beeps). The girl in the beauty salon who wouldn't stop even if you screamed at her, at one point there was something about how she wouldn't stop because she couldn't hear you, because she was listening to an mp3 player with headphones the whole time. And that was also apparently from a movie or something.

1. I break up with my fiancee but we keep messing around

2. I'm working at a job that's a combination of the two jobs I've worked the past year and have somehow failed to show up for work more than once in a full year and my fiancee is WTF and I'm SHITTTT how did that happen, apparently because I spent all of my time travelling to grad schools (which is what I've been doing the past few months)

3. Trying to race in my car to get to a super-critical meeting for the job to try and turn it all around, but I get lost and realize I don't know where the meeting is

4. I get out of the car to ask for directions but get lost again, wandering down a street filled with musicians and other street performers, I remember one being the most hauntingly beautifully sad thing I've ever seen

5. I walk back down the street, trying to find my car again but can't

6. My fiancee drives by and yells at me for being so confused and implies I'm on drugs; I ask her why the interior of her car (normally full-size and now compact) is smaller, and she says the interior needed to be replaced

7. She informs me that I've crashed my car into someone's house when I parked it and killed someone

6. I find my car and have indeed parked it in someone's front yard on top of their child

7. Get in car and drive like mad trying to get away before people realize what I've done

8. Pull over and decide to make it on foot

9. A sleek black SUV pulls up in front of me right in front of my car

10. Kanye Fucking West jumps out

11. Him and his entourage starts hassling me, saying I stole his shit (car, the laptop I'm carrying, and need to give it back), pin me down and take it all and put in on this street vendor's table that's near by

12. They harass me a bit more and leave without taking the things

13. I realize they were full of shit and it's all mine and start gathering it all up

14. Kanye West returns and calls me shithead and a thief for trying to take off with his things again

15. He tries to take my shit again

16. I say "Fuck you Kanye you're not pushing me around, you're just a goddamn musician, you're not so fucking gangsta" and leap on his back and begin pummeling him in the head

17. He throws me off and chases me down the street into an ever-more-featureless road until there's nothing but tall, windowless brick walls, streetlamps, and a handful of people milling about aimlessly

18. I grab Kanye by the back of shirt and slam his head into the wall, except gently, holding back at the last moment

19. The passerbys ask me why I held back and I say "He's Kanye West, I'm not seriously going to injure this guy, this is all just for show, he's not a true criminal"

20. I chase Kanye down another street and shove him up against the wall

21. Kanye West starts climbing up the wall with all four limbs, body facing outwards, like the goddamn Spiderman

Fin. I wake up in bed drenched in sweat

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

• Upvote 1

... That totally tops mine.

Had two odd dreams recently.

In the first one, apparently my house collapses in the kitchen area and my mother happened to be in the middle of it when it happened, burying her alive under the remains of the collapsed kitchen. Police and ambulance come to try to get her out, but they say its difficult to get in there, and my mom might already be dead. Then my grandparents show up, hand me an special Gamestop credit card to take my mind off of my mom being buried alive, and for some reason there's suddenly a woman there who looks and sounds exactly like my mom, but isn't (according to loldreamlogic she's there as a placeholder until my actual mother is recovered).

Then I woke up, thought about it for a second, and went back to sleep.

In the next dream, I'm a kid again, and I'm with four other kids. One of them is leading us across a pond to what looks like a stone garden or cemetary or something to show the rest of us something "really really cool." When we get there, it turns out he brought us there to meet Death himself (like the European personification of Death with the black robes and scythe), who thanked him for bringing us to him. He then each gave us (including the kid that brought us) a small piece of red candy. I'm trying to ask Death questions about why he's here, why the kid brought us, and what the candies do, and he only answered in very short, cryptic answers that I can't really remember and didn't really answer anything anyway. Everybody but me ate the candies, and slowly the other kids each disappeared in that way that dreams do that to people when you look away and then look back. One kid who was my friend, and I, noticed the disappearances, and she thought maybe if you spit the candy out without swallowing it you'll be okay. Turns out it just took longer for her to disappear. Like, we walk out of the garden/cemetary and I look one way, look back and she's gone. So I head out to the street, next to a house, I observe some stuff happen with a car there, and then I wake up.

Have you guys ever had a dream that takes nearly an entire year to finish?

I have.

The worst part is that I forgot almost everything that happened in it the next day.

A year?

Shit, I can lucid dream, but the time I spend in my dreams is usually, if not always shorter than my sleep time.

But hell, I wish I could dream for a damn year in one night.

Unless you're talking about recurring-continuation dreams. I have those all the time.

A year?

Shit, I can lucid dream, but the time I spend in my dreams is usually, if not always shorter than my sleep time.

But hell, I wish I could dream for a damn year in one night.

Unless you're talking about recurring-continuation dreams. I have those all the time.

I have had a large spectrum of dream lengths, from less than two seconds of dream time to almost a year.

I also have recurring dreams occasionally, including at least two different "story arcs" that lead to a conclusion and one time when I woke up mid-dream and forced myself back into it.

I also suffer from deja vu on a regular basis.

I think I almost had a lucid dream last night.

I was at work, but realized that I had already gone to work and "No, I'm finished with that now, therefore this must be a dream. But I must still be too awake, otherwise I wouldn't realize this." Turns out I was just on the edge of sleep and lost it when I made the transition, but right before that I materialized a 3DS and played Street Fighter at the register.

lol

I didn't lucid dream but I did have this girl be abnormally nice to me. she's a real bitch and usually stays that way in my dreams so I considered it a win

One thing I absolutely despise are those dreams where I'm back in high school. Doesn't matter if it's summer, or that I've since graduated. They just won't stop!

I can't actually tell what was a dream and what was real last night

uh

woke up a few times

wandered around

went down to the bathroom and noticed my face in the mirror looked a little odd, realized I was dreaming, woke up in bed

then either hallucinations, or I was actually STILL asleep

something about ctrl+alt+del (the comic), giant robots and other things. I think I was a giant robot. Spent a lot of time lying under a pile of rubble waiting to melt to death

then I was a guy who was capable of predicting the future and was in his bath or shower, then predicted he was going to drown in it

got out, landed on his ass on the floor, couldn't move his legs. Predicted he was still going to drown when the water overflowed and filled the bathroom up over his nose and mouth

dragged his way downstairs and called an ambulance or something

can't remember much else

bottom line is last night was like being spun around in a washing machine full of fragments of dreams.

no no no, I had dreams about being chased by Predators last night

and then at one point my only option was to dive into an underwater hole and hope that there would be air soon enough before drowning

actually shit was pretty cash. sucks about the girl dreams, fred