Project Jenova
ɹ�z�ן

PJ D&D Season 2: Age of Ash

EPISODE I:

UNCHAINED

lDg5C.jpg

A lone guard from Lennons draws a wagon of fresh slaves through the Lordless Woods. Something is in the air. Who are you?

CHARACTER CREATION:

1. What is your race?

2. Why were you captured?

- A robbery.

- A fight.

- Poaching.

- Practicing magic.

- Practicing an unsanctioned religion.

3. Roll 4d6 and add the 3 highest numbers 7 times. Drop the lowest sum. Order those 6 values in this format as you see fit:

(ie: roll 4d6 and get say, 4,6,2,3. You drop the two, since it's the lowest, and take the sum of that (4+6+3). Do this seven times. Drop the lowest result.)

STR (good for melee)

DEX (good for bows/quick fingers)

INT (good for thinking)

WIS (good for being insightful)

CON (good for being beefy)

CHA (good for being hawt)

4. Anything extra to know about you?

• Downvote 1

1. Human

2. Practicing magic

3. STR - 10

DEX - 9

INT - 18

WIS - 16

CON - 11

CHA - 14

4. A country bumpkin who found a sinister magical tome and used it to explode squirrels and birds for fun.

cool simple setup brah

1. Elf

2. Practicing an unsanctioned religion

3. STR - 15

DEX - 14

INT - 13

WIS - 18

CON - 12

CHA - 10

4. Extreme religious evangelist and fanatic. Yearns to save souls, convert the evil, and slay the vermin of the earth.

Also believes in trickle-down economics.

I must have rolled like ten 1s or something, jesus.

1. Elf (female)

2. Practicing magic.

STR 9

DEX 11

INT 13

WIS 12

CON 10

CHA 12

4. She often shows a cold or angry side to others, but will warm up to you after you get to know her.

Is a complete klutz, -3 on all checks and saving rolls.

Are those the only available reasons for having been captures, or just ideas? Also, are you picking classes based on our stats? Or are we playing some kind of classless variant or something.

(( Just assign your stats with what qualities you imagine your character is good at. If you're thinking of a build with a class specifically, pick based on that, if not, just answer the questions and arrange the stats as you fancy for flavor. I was going to stay quiet but eh fuck mystery (I also add extra flavor based on ALL the questions). Also try to keep stuff that isn't IC within parenthesis or something so it doesn't get confusing plz. ))

1. Race - Pixie

2. Why were you captured? - Practicing magic.

3. Stats:

(Added race modifiers (-4 Strength, +8 Dexterity, +6 Intelligence, +4 Wisdom, +6 Charisma)

http://www.d20srd.or...ters/sprite.htm if you didn't want me to do that, or I'm not allowed to be a Pixie subtract them back out)

STR - 4 (fucking lol)

DEX - 17

INT - 20

WIS - 14

CON - 12

CHA - 20

4. Anything extra to know about you?

A terrorist with strong Marxist leanings. Codename 'Sparkles'. He once brought a small kingdom to its knees by running a campaign of magical terror against the land's nobles and the royal family. After a successful coup, he left the new communist utopia in the hands of a seemingly dependable craftsman and ventured off to spread his ideals to other lands. However, Sparkles was quickly captured at the start of his next campaign after a failed attempt to assassinate a noble by way of conjuring a Celestial Porpoise in mid air as he flew towards the Mayor's head. The Porpoise missed its target and died a gruesome death as it splattered on the ground at the feet of a small child. Sparkles missed the noble by such a wide margin that authorities were unaware that it was an attempt on the man's life. Sparkles was, however, arrested for reckless use of magic.

A terrorist with strong Marxist leanings. Codename 'Sparkles'. He once brought a small kingdom to its knees by running a campaign of magical terror against the land's nobles and the royal family. After a successful coup, he left the new communist utopia in the hands of a seemingly dependable craftsman and ventured off to spread his ideals to other lands. However, Sparkles was quickly captured at the start of his next campaign after a failed attempt to assassinate a noble by way of conjuring a Celestial Porpoise in mid air as he flew towards the Mayor's head. The Porpoise missed its target and died a gruesome death as it splattered on the ground at the feet of a small child. Sparkles missed the noble by such a wide margin that authorities were unaware that it was an attempt on the man's life. Sparkles was, however, arrested for reckless use of magic.

haha

good one

but seriously

Human

Arrested for robbery

17 INT

16 WIS

15 CHA

14 STR

14 DEX

14 CON

Male, 20s. Surprisingly learned for a thief. I'll figure out more about this character as I play.

You are these guys:

cBDcz.jpg

1. An elf witch, caught practicing wicked spells. Her coven was subsequently burnt and enslaved. (Saiklo)

2. A half-orc fighter, caught attempting to kill multiple men. His possessions, and freedom, were all sold away to pay for the damages caused to the bar he scrapped in. (Dave)

3. A pixie druid, with extreme delusions of grandeur. Caught for causing discord in court. (@tomic)

4. An elf cleric, caught practicing warship to false gods. His church was burnt, and the rest of his family and friends killed. (Shroomy)

5. A human wizard, formerly farmer. Was sold to slavery for theft of arcane property and destruction of livestock. (Dissident)

6. A human rogue. Sold to slavery to repay multiple charges of theft. (Gaiajack)

The rogue has been attempting to pick the lock to the wagon, unsuccessfully, for about fifteen minutes now. The guard does not seem to notice anything going on behind him. There seems to be a dense fog rolling in from the front, quite a distance up the road. The wagon has been grim and without conversation for the trip to date. You've never seen or spoken to your fellow captives before.

What do you do?

(( The quality of the art accompanying this thread will vary highly. Please bear with me. If it seems the numbers and rules going on behind the scenes are vague, that's on purpose. Trust me when I say that I will be rolling everything. You'll find your character sheets attached to this post. I'll be adding the character sheets to the first post as they are updated. If you have questions about what any of the sheet means, let me know via pm.

Spell casters cast based on their spells allowed per level per day (the '(5/4)' number by your spells, which indicates how many spells per level you can cast, from 0 up, per day). To cast a spell you must spend a spell component per level of the spell you wish to cast. Nobody has any components, or any inventory for that matter right now.

Also this is a great reference if you want to look anything up yourself.))

((Character sheets available on-line here.))

sai2.html

dave.html

atomic.html

shroomy.html

diss.html

gaia.html

God, this fucking lock. What am I picking it with, anyway?

I'm just going to assume the cage is magic-proof for a second and look for other options. What is the cage made of and how is it built? In the picture it looks like it's just a bunch of bars tied together at the nodes. The pixie also looks small enough to fit through the bars. Does his little bird cage look like it might be persuaded to open up? Could the rope tying the wagon to the horse be severed?

Apply all street-smart rogue observational skills to (discreetly) answer these questions.

The poles are some kind of flexible soft wood. The lashings are coated with a sealant so they cannot simply be untied. A padlock and chains hold the door closed. You could probably do a whole lot if you had any kind of tool at all, but as it is you just have your hands. The pixie's cage is locked down just as tight, but knowing pixies he had planned a way out before he was ever captured.

You see a nail in the floorboard that hasn't been completely hammered in.

I suppose I'll pocket the nail. Anyway, this is the "Lordless Woods"? What do I know about this place? No sense busting us out and then presumably overpowering the guard if we don't have a plan for what to do next. Speaking of which, how is the guard armed/armored?

((Shit, 3 HP? Man I'm a high roller, baby! Woooooh!))

As the cart rolls over a slight bump, the witch's elbow accidentally grazes the half-orc's strong, rigid frame. The witch lets out a sharp yelp as she jumps forward into the wooden bars, clenching them tightly.

"W-what are you doing?! Don't get so c-close, you greenskin!"

The witch begins yelling at at the half-orc and wildly flailing one arm and gripping the cage with the other, while threatening him with spells that don't exist, such as slime-morph and magic-baldness.

lolwuut.png

I suppose I'll pocket the nail. Anyway, this is the "Lordless Woods"? What do I know about this place? No sense busting us out and then presumably overpowering the guard if we don't have a plan for what to do next. Speaking of which, how is the guard armed/armored?

The nail is stuck. You'll need leverage or a much bigger arm, you wimp.

The lordless woods is a spanse of dense forest thought to be haunted that spans the lands between the mining town of Lennons and the great port city of Guerro. It also connects at the far north to the great boundless woods that the Elves and Rangers hail from. You wish you could remember clearly what the map looks like in your head.

The guard seems to be wearing padded leather, over a longcoat style gambeson. He's carrying a shield over his back and a short sword.

The elf cleric stands admiring the dark and deadened trees surrounding us.

"You, harlot," the elf begins, speaking toward the elven witch, "what can you do to improve our situation? I hardly think slime is of use to us, my dear."

As he speaks he extends a hand and casts Cause Fear upon the horse drawing our wagon

(edit - realized I casted too many level 1 spells)

((Ew, a Druid? I don't even seem to have any worthwhile offensive spells. I wanted to be a Sorcerer or something. That's why i made INT and CHA my highest stats...))

I'm just going to sit around and mope for now while I watch what the others do.

I'm just going to sit around and mope for now while I watch what the others do.

You mope, but you know somewhere out there your raven companion is flying free. Maybe when there's less commotion in the slave-wagon you can try to establish your companion mental link.

I too will mope, while maliciously eyeing the dirty elf scum all around me.

((goddamn it's hard to find anything that's a slur against elves. only thing I could find was "knife ears" and equally cool sounding things.))