Project Jenova
Sign in to follow this  
D33d

Vanity

473448_10152765690890463_336965438_o.jpg

Crossing a stream clipped to two ropes strung between two trees. On the way to climbing this thing. A day after climbing this thing.

904668_10152765634395463_1416356546_o.jpg

Clinging for dear life and going NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE GODDAMNIT.

I've never rock climbed before. It's a sport for crazy people.

• Upvote 3

Oh shit, you actually climbed that? I thought you meant in a loose sense. Damn that's nuts, I've been going to the climbing gym for a while and that shit still freaks me out.

Yeah. Like I told Fred, don't let an ex-army ranger with a death wish decide your itinerary. He didn't tell me until later that I was in 12 feet over my head and that he was only trying to push me. First day I climbed two simple routes for about an hour. 2nd day we spent 7 hours climbing a multi-pitch rock formation... It was stupid. Loads of fun.

After several weeks of recording and going in and out of my uni's studio for entire afternoons, I've finished my production assignment. I arranged the Starlight Zone BGM from 'Sonic the Hedgehog,' complete with a jazz-funk style and all of the automation effects. Check it out!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2778527/David%20Gray%20-%20Starlight%20Zone.ogg

In the interests of giving you guys something different to look at, have a live clip of my friends and me being cool.

I did the drum stuff on the singy tracks, and I contributed a spice percussion track to the instrumentals....and an accidental-vocal on wolf cookies, if you can catch it at the end. I didn't contribute alot writing wise but me and my friend went 50/50 for the recording costs. We did this about.....a year and a half ago I think, nearly 2 now.

http://www.reverbnation.com/bofain

kcRK9Az.jpg

So quick explanation, a buddy of mine and I got to the shop at the same time and are pretty much best buds 4 lyfe. About two months ago I got (mildly) shocked by a test instrument and while reporting the incident it accidentally got called over the intercom as a medical emergency...and mere minutes later my entire chain of command was in the shop, including the 2nd-in-command officer of the entire ship. Lots of fun and very embarrassing. Everyone in the shop called me 'Sparky' for about a month after that. My buddy has an issue with blacking out or losing control when he drinks a lot...which is pretty often to say the least. Free time out here is very strictly monitored and regulated, and punishment for drunken stupidity is very severe to placate the Japanese. Well, he does a great job at doing very sketchy shit and narrowly avoiding getting into lots of trouble on a regular basis. It's uncanny how many close calls he's had, but so far nothing bad has happened. The shop has gotten to call him 'Time Bomb' on occasion. 

Anyway, this has been on the main board in the shop for over a month now. It still makes me chuckle.

• Upvote 4