Project Jenova
Sign in to follow this  
D33d

Vanity

4c03z.jpg

E6LPM.jpg

Starting to get a nice flow out of the place. Also, the metal kajigger I picked up on the wall.

And this I took on Saturday from where I was helping set up a wedding on a roof:

NQnC8.jpg

The sheer majestic beauty of Kansas is too much for me to take in at one time. I weep tears of boiling pitch at the sight of the brown fields and trees stretching into forever.

You're getting there, but you don't have nearly enough coverage or thickness for such light facial hair. Gotta shave it bro.

Still got me beat, though ;(

Tried that after halloween. The facial hair helps to define my jawline and without it I look lumpy and weird.

well yes the thread is called "vanity" isn't it, not "looking good by accident"

photographer friend of mine got a new lens for his camera he really really wanted to try out

Last Thursday, I was playing in an ensemble for a corporate awards ceremony, with the ensemble consisting mostly of uni buddies. The keys player had organised it and had me arrange some suitably cheesy horn parts. It was lovely, except for when the sax player got to do loads of unwarranted solos for some reason.

The keys player has kindly tagged me in some photographs from it. They're very flashy.

792339_10152542154570484_483451836_o.jpg

830451_10152542152310484_193028113_o.jpg

843021_10152542155200484_1192669060_o.jpg

• Upvote 1

A band of mine were featured on local radio. I'm very pleased with how the horn parts turned out, as the trumpet player and I made a load of suggestions to make them more lively, such as the stabs towards the end of the track. Our track starts at 46:28. It's quite varied and cycles between some Spanish-styled stuff, a ska groove and DnBish funk. It sounds fairly awful when compressed through a radio stream, but it cooks all the same.
  • Upvote 1

Doubleposting, but you know the BGM in Starlight Zone in 'Sonic the Hedgehog?' I've made an arrangement of that for my recording project.

Currently, I have the rhythm section, which was recorded all at once. It worked amazingly. The keys player did a load of solo takes too, so I've gone to town on with flangers and delay and that kind of thing.

Sample 1: Ridiculous '70s flangesynth action!

Sample 2: Silly, wobbly vibes!