Project Jenova
Sign in to follow this  
Gaiajack

LINK MOUND of Tales of Interest or whatever

I was just venting about how every green energy tech story I see now is like that. I absolutely love reading stories about advancements in CO2 scrubbers and fuel cells and wind turbines but it's always buried under loads of others about some architectural firm designing an apartment building out of bean sprouts or mercedes trying to make assembly lines out of botanical gardens.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/article?a=769107&f=19

At times like this I don't know what to think. Part of me WANTS someone to shoot this idiot preacher for recklessly trying to make an idiotic religious statement that he full well knew would endanger other peoples lives. At the same time, that would give the Islamic savages what they want. Total catch22.

I guess I'll just keep on being disdainful of all sides.

awhile back I watched

talk on how they perpetually stay focused on islam over there, basically cutting themselves away from the world and rejecting anything and everything we have to say (and teaching children to do the same)

if the preacher was trying to make a point to them, he completely has no idea what he is dealing with, and I guess that's the whole problem here. both sides are so ridiculously far apart and ignorant about eachother it's just fucking impossible. both sides need better education about eachother because I'm not so sure we understand that whole region very well. we look at them and see normal people but they're not normal by our standards, they're primal. they use primal things like threats and think in primal ways. just listen to Gaddafi, he's an old-fashioned tyrant-like crazy man. he doesn't know shit and he doesn't want to learn it either.

they clearly have shroud, we need to naturalize the enchantment before we can cast persuasion on them

• Upvote 1

The point is that the technology exists and somebody is making an effort to use it to combat our wastefulness. Sure it's not going about it in the most efficient way, but still. I mean god damn you guys are focusing on how the fucking things look.

yeah except they're NOT

this project clearly has not been set in motion by an engineer who understands the problem and wants to solve it. It was almost certainly initiated by some romantic, naive fuck who only cares about climate change because he saw Avatar last year, and is more interested in feeling like some kind of beautiful cosmic flower-child than in actually solving real problems.

I'm caricaturing but hopefully it's enough for you to form a mental image of the kind of person I'm attempting to describe.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19065_18-old-timey-photos-you-wont-believe-arent-photoshopped_p2.html?wa_user1=1&wa_user2=History&wa_user3=article&wa_user4=moreon

#4 is hilarious. The train made it all the way through the station without killing anyone before it plowed through the second story and killed a woman on the street. Think about that, just walking down the street, minding your own business when all of the sudden a fucking train just shoots the second story wall of the building next to you and lands on you.

After a quick fingertipping through my pants, I'm relieved to say that there looks to be a good three inches or so.

Brb impregnating.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110411/pl_yblog_theticket/will-president-obama-and-the-house-gop-ever-agree-science-suggests-no

"Using data from MRI scans, researchers at the University College London found that self-described liberals have a larger anterior cingulate cortex--a gray matter of the brain associated with understanding complexity. Meanwhile, self-described conservatives are more likely to have a larger amygdala, an almond-shaped area that is associated with fear and anxiety."

makes perfect sense to me

edit: "Based on what is known about the functions of those two brain regions, the structural differences are consistent with reports showing a greater ability of liberals to cope with conflicting information and a greater ability of conservatives to recognize a threat, the researchers say."

I think this perfectly correlates with my post from long ago that liberals judge 'good until proven a threat, safe until proven unsafe' and conservatives judge 'threat until proven good, unsafe until proven safe'