Project Jenova
Sign in to follow this  
Gaiajack

Currently Listening To

For some reason, the pandora-like website I use keeps giving me metal songs about drinking.

I can't believe I had never heard of them before.

The search was probably for playlists that have both celtic music and some Nightwish. Close enough, I guess...

I really love M83, and this song was all over my social media feeds, but I was avoiding listening to it because of the middling reviews on the album and a gut fear of disappointment. I finally bit the bullet today and now I can't stop listening to it. The chorus is so satisfyingly passionate.

• Downvote 1

Considering the (inane) importance each sub-genre of metal attaches to its name, a choice must be made...

This is clearly "wiki metal": each of their songs makes you go to wikipedia to consult the page it relates to.

Summer cruise 2016

See also Fela Kuti (Zombie), Since I Left You for the 4-7 millionth times, and a lot more Steely Dan, but nothing I'd ask anybody to actually listen to...

Fuck if this board's dead. I'm still dumping my memories there. During cruise 2015 I quickly ran out of music to listen to, so to rectify that this year I tried to acquire as much as possible, but ran into the problem of not knowing where to look, and wanting to avoid just getting discographies of groups that I already knew. In an attempt to broaden my horizons a bit while still keeping to classic albums -- good music, good launchpoints for the future -- I attempted to torrent every album from the book 1000 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die. There's one pack split into 10 parts around the internet. I haven't managed to get every part yet. SOme are really hard to find working torrents of. Specifically I'm missing most of the early 80s, which is regrettable. I'd call the experiment a success so far in that I've found a lot of music from bands I either hadn't heard or heard of before.

Pere Ubu's one of them. What is this? Post-punk? Garage rock? Avantagarde? I can't get enough.

1) Navvy; 2) On the Surface; 3) Dub Housing; 4) Caligari's Mirror; 5) Thriller!; 6) I Will Wait; 7) Drinking Wine Spodyody; 8) Ubu Dance Party; 9) Blow Daddy-O; 10) Codex;

Shut up

Listening to The Monster Fuck pts 6 and 7 on Comedy Bang Bang this week led me down a spooky corner of Youtube. Apparently the writer of the Monster Mash spent the rest of his life trying to capitalize on the fame of the original song without much success. This is so great though; I can't believe I never heard it on the radio around this time of year.

This album is just a collection of beats built around the gimmick of using samples from Ocarina of Time, but it's fairly enjoyable. I love the weird and distorted vocal sample in this song, which someone said could be Vietnamese in a comment.