Project Jenova
Sign in to follow this  
Toki

I'm A Consumer Whore, And How!

Might as well go all the way and replace the mouse with a kinect-like motion sensor

Don't be silly. Motion controls are for chumps.

I haven't bought a pair of glasses in 4 years even though these lenses are like the surface of the moon and are barely being held in due to the exorbitant cost of a new pair.

Yeah I didn't include the 114dollar eye exam or the fact that the place where I bought my glasses had a 20% off holiday sale goin on. I used a thingy offered by the U.S. govt that allowed me to put back money tax-free for 'pre-planned medical expenditures' that comes directly out of my paycheck.

I still haven't bought my own glasses, because my mother still insists on buying them for me. Basically, she doesn't mind buying my necessities. However, mine are always around £150-200+. It's worth spending a hefty amount on what it supposed to last for several years.

Bought a buttload of books, a few cookbooks and various culinary books, a new sweater and peacoat combo (delightfully sexy), Skyrim, a bunch of gear for my bike, and a boss flanger.

God Puma shoes are comfy.

Oh yeah I need to get new shoes. I've killed my mainstay pairs.

Man. I wish I had an inexhaustible book budget.

I've got a buddy that's a tablet junkie. He's in love with his. I've messed around with it a bit, it's so beautiful. Completely changed my mind about tablets in ways the iPad never stood a chance to.

Just ordered this last night

9e68_x_mini_new.jpg

and to charge it while I'm driving

e24a_tiny_usb_car_power_adapter.jpg

This should be satisfactory to play music in my truck (and just about anywhere) without having to feet my ipod through shaky radio signals and failing truck speakers.

Get a kindle?

I don't give a hoot about tablets. I don't care about all the apps and I've never felt the need to be able to have portable internet beyond maybe looking up an address or something, which my phone can do. On top of that, I actually like having hard, paper copies of books that aren't reliant on batteries. It's also quite nice knowing that those books aren't going to have to deal with format or hardware changes.

Spoken like a guy who's never owned a Kindle. I'd buy one if I had that much spare cash. They really are like magic on the eyes.

Don't try and argue about it, I won't give a shit.

I don't give a hoot about tablets. I don't care about all the apps and I've never felt the need to be able to have portable internet beyond maybe looking up an address or something, which my phone can do. On top of that, I actually like having hard, paper copies of books that aren't reliant on batteries. It's also quite nice knowing that those books aren't going to have to deal with format or hardware changes.

Then get the cheap monochrome books only Kindle. You can download books for free from legitimate or illegitimate sources, it's great for reading stuff you don't really want to buy and keep (Harry Potter for me) or taking your stuff around.

If I ever got a tablet, its value would likely depreciate almost immediately because I'd be too tempted to print the words "Don't Panic" in large, friendly red letters on the back of it.