Project Jenova
Sign in to follow this  
Toki

I'm A Consumer Whore, And How!

Hit Amoeba Records today with the folks, I wasn't going to buy anything but they paid so I figured I'd pick up some albums that I already have downloaded but are really important to me. This was my first time buying physical music in 7 or 8 years.

dj-shadow-the-private-press-2002.jpg

The second best DJ Shadow album after Endtroducing, which I bought as a kid and was one of the big ones that really guided my musical tastes.

dj-shadow-preemptive-strike.jpg

Almost as good, I got it because it has What Does Your Soul Look Like in its entirety.

M83-M83.jpg

M83's debut album. People tell me his later ones are better but this one hits me somewhere deep for some reason.

I also found out while there that Amon Tobin released several albums I've never heard of as part of the group Two Fingers. Much as I hate to admit it there is still some utility to the brick and mortar store.

I can't even count the times I've wanted to go off on someone for calling themselves a gamer just because of the hardware they have, and then they go off and play terrible games or play good games terribly.

How is that keyboard, that's probably three times the cost of a normal one, any different than a regular keyboard? It looks exactly the same to me. Other than that annoying gap where your hand would rest.

it's shiny and covered in razer logos clearly your game will go up a thousandfold

I can't even count the times I've wanted to go off on someone for calling themselves a gamer just because of the hardware they have, and then they go off and play terrible games or play good games terribly.

[image]

I want this, but I'm afraid if I get it, the company will call me a whore with a screaming voice.

I assume after making this post you screamed yourself hoarse at your bathroom mirror

• Upvote 1

Anybody who actually calls themselves a "gamer" needs to be punched in the throat because there's just something so annoying about it. Peripherals specifically for gaming are also pretty stupid

While I'm at it, "Hardcore" and "Casual" can both fuck off too

I play videogames, but I'm not a gamer goddamnit

I own a logitech g5 mouse but only because that was the most comfortable one in the shop, not because I need EXXXTREME HEADSHOT POWER or anything

• Upvote 2

The only keyboard I'd want are the silent ones that have keys that light up in the dark so I can fucking see them at night. Oh, and a mouse with four thumb buttons, because I like thumb buttons.

Also picked up MW3 Hardened because I'm going to buy all the expansions anyways, and it comes with them. (All I wanted was the metal case)

I own a logitech g5 mouse but only because that was the most comfortable one in the shop, not because I need EXXXTREME HEADSHOT POWER or anything

I just use the damn mouse my computer came with.

I assume after making this post you screamed yourself hoarse at your bathroom mirror

Nah, I wanted the keyboard for the backlit keys, and my current one is starting to break and the media buttons seem to just work whenever they want to.

backlit keys WOULD be pretty useful

hey you know what I just thought of

you can use inductive charging to wirelessly provide power to a device, right? you just have to have one of those little pads or docks, and then you place the device on the pad and it charges

I wonder if you could have a mouse that came with an inductive charging pad, and have a wireless mouse that doesn't ever need its batteries changed.

my problem with wireless mice was never batteries, it was that once in a while the signal would go nuts and the cursor would fly around. wired is just more reliable.

Or you could make the USB device that plugs into the computer retain a charge that, when not in use, is plugged back into the mouse and it transfers the gathered charge into the mouse.

...I've never had that problem. And there are such a thing as rechargeable batteries and long-lasting lithium cells, Jack.

IIt's dependent purely upon the brand and model but it's a complaint I hear a lot from users of various models. Even if it only happens once in a long while it drives me crazy, I just prefer the stability of wired. It's also a lot cheaper usually when shopping for mice of similar quality.

Agreed. I've never found a benefit to using a wireless mouse at a desk or with a laptop. The only concession time I've ever found them to be useful is when the display is something large like a TV so you can manipulate the computer from your couch.

The thing with wired mice is that, on the mouse itself, cable snagging can get a bit bothersome. Logitech's high-end mice have very heavy, braided cables and mine can inhibit mouse movement from time to time. Having a wired pad would free the mouse. Plus, if one would want to use the mouse at a distance, they just need to take it away from the pad with a full charge.

GET TO IT, JACK.