Project Jenova
Sign in to follow this  
Toki

I'm A Consumer Whore, And How!

I own a small number of graphic tees, but they aren't the massively churned out kind. One is a kickball team for the hotel I work at, one has "KANSAS" on it in the shape of a buffalo, and I have a couple of band shirts, other than those they're pretty much just undershirts and athletic gear.

Fucking nintendo and their region locking.

3dsll.jpg

But wait! There's more! Order now and you'll receive TWO Schtickys AND the Schticky roller!

more.jpg

I haven't seen Victory Gundam until today so when I got the V Gundam (Nu, I guess its called) I got all excited and thought "I GUESS ITS TIME TO WATCH VICTORY GUNDAM", and then I realized ten episodes in that the thing I just bought was actually from Char's Counterattack - which I also have not seen yet.

Oh well.

Picked up another book haul. Mostly stuff I've already read and just replacing in my collection. But I did pick up one I hadn't. The Sorrows of Young Werther, Goethe's riveting and jovial romp about a boy who kills himself. Should be uplifting.

Speaking of book hauls:

2013-07-03-19.20.29.jpg

I got 444 yen in tax and 666 yen in change. I guess I'm going to hell after all.

2013-07-03-19.22.13.jpg

• Upvote 1

I see your little cooler and raise you a Noctua D14. This just in: It's definitely huge.

1009192_10151751811903522_1223013496_o.jpg

Yes, I know that I need to shave.

Jesus fuck deed, what kind of case do you need to make that monstrosity fit?

A mid tower. All the cooler needs is a decent amount of depth and RAM modules without those ridiculous "heatsinks." If it's any consolation, I may have botched the thermal paste a little bit--at idle, core 0 seems to have been running a lot hotter than the others, althoguh t hey seem to have evened out now. That, or CoreTemp is overrated.

It seems to be a lot quieter as well and high-resistance cable attachments were supplied, should I want it quieter. The weak link seems to be the case's fans, as they're still creating a fair amount of noise. Probably gonna get more Noctua fans for ultimate quietness.

the one I got is barely going to fit in my case between my graphics card and PSU, I probably couldn't have fit that beast in there. I probably didn't need to even get one but I've always wanted to and now I can blow my processor up.

What the. Did you go ITX or something? To be fair, I'm not going to see too much benefit from my new cooler for a while, but I want to futureproof my setup in anticipation of ditching his H77. No overclocking, of all things. Cheaped out at the last moment and compromised my setup.

Oh yeah, I'm digging the Oxford shirt as well. That reminds me that I should get some plain shirts at some point, especially now that I have a nice suit. Maybe a few sleek ties as well.

Am I the only one here who water cools?

Probably. Personally, I don't see the need for it and I don't want to risk any messy accidents. I realise that they should be minimal, but this is me we're talking about. Even so, from what I've read this Noctua's on par with some WC units, so I wouldn't be getting much of a performance gain anyway.

Threw down $40 on a Pokemon Y pre-order.  I rarely pre-order.  I only did it this time because I want to make sure I have it for that weekend and I really want to have a physical copy of it.  

I couldn't buy a PS4 today. But I did get these instead.

fihPp8Y.jpg

Fun fact: each bluray contains 2 episodes and costs $60

I decided to drop by, because I missed this place for some reason. I now own a car. It's diesel and everything. One of dad's old jackets also happened to fit me perfectly, so hello hand-me-downs.

858561_10151959060953522_767819839_o.jpg